ART Zdirect Passive Direct Box
The ART Zdirect is a passive interface that lets you connect instrument-, line-, or speaker-level signals to a mixer (or other balanced input) through a high-performance isolation transformer. The transformer converts your high-impedance 1/4" input into an isolated, balanced, low-impedance signal source.
Zdirect's audio transformer has an extremely flat and wide frequency response that can handle high signal levels while maintaining an isolated, balanced, low impedance output. This gives the Zdirect a very clean, neutral sound from a wide variety of signal sources, and/or over long signal runs in high-noise environments.
- Input Attenuator switches allow for a wide range of signal levels
- Input Thru jack allows for tapping off of your signal chain
- Ground Lift switch lets you totally separate the input and output signal grounds, to isolate two systems, and reduce hum and ground-loop noise.
- Switchable low pass Filter cuts out all very high frequency interference*
- Phase Invert switch allows you to switch signal polarity right at the source
- Compact black anodized all aluminum case for years of service
*This Bessel filter on the output is placed out of the audio range and is primarily intended to reduce radio frequency interference before it gets into the main system. The filter is also effective in reducing digital computer noise artifacts when using the Zdirect as an interface between a computer-based audio workstation and your monitors.
- High quality
- Passive interface
- Flat and wide frequency response
- Handles high signal levels
- Clean and neutral sound