ART dPDB - Dual Passive Direct Box
The ART dPDB Passive Direct Box features two high-quality direct boxes in one portable enclosure. It is a tough, roadworthy DI for connecting the outputs of electronic musical instruments (or other audio sources) to the balanced inputs of mixer consoles and other balanced ins. It also allows connection of a music source to an instrument amplifier while simultaneously patching it to a mixer.
The dPDB features switchable input attenuation (0 dB, -20dB, -40dB), a 50k Ohm instrument input, 50k Ohm parallel link jack, a 600 Ohm XLR Output Jack, and a switchable Ground Lift.
For cost-effective impedance matching and tone improvement, the dPDB is a must-have. Count on tough, quiet, reliable performance.
- Electric guitar and bass - High impedance signals from a guitar or bass pickup are converted into a low-Z, balanced signal required by mixing consoles.
- Keyboards and line level signals - The dPDB automatically balances and matches the line-level keyboard output. For multiple keyboard setups, the dPDB can replace individual DI boxes.
- DJ console outputs - The dPDB converts the -10dB signal from a typical DJ mixer to a balanced line level signal, before it reaches the console (which also allows longer cable runs).
- Speaker level signals - Send post-eq and effects signals from a power amp's output directly to the console (to send a particular effect or amplifier sound directly to the mix).
Why We Like It
ART makes sensible, cost-efficient solutions in a smart, reliable package. We like being able to offer their DI boxes, especially for home recording applications, or anywhere that doesn’t demand the most tour-tough, industrial-strength construction. They get the job done for less!
- Passive Design
- Converts High-Impedance Balanced / Unbalanced Inputs Into 600 Ohm Balanced Outputs
- Switchable Input Attenuation (0, -20, -40 dB)
- Independently Switchable Low Pass Filter on each Channel
- Independently Switchable Phase Invert on each Channel
- Independently Switchable Ground Lift on each Channel
- 1/4" TRS Connector Inputs and Thru Connections
- XLR Connectors for Balanced Outputs
- Rugged Steel Case