Breedlove Pursuit Exotic Concert CE Sweetgrass
Breedlove has done some interesting things with rarely used woods, harvesting them responsibly, and coming up with some very cool new looks in their Exotic series. This one features a solid Myrtlewood top, layered myrtlewood back and mahogany sides. The soft cutaway allows easy access to upper frets and the onboard Fishman Presys electronics make it the right guitar for any stage or venue.
The popular Concert body shape creates a midrange-focused tone that works well plugged in. It doesn’t have as much “whomp” (that big, fat low end) as bigger models, but the medium/high voice sits comfortably in a mix without having to roll off the lows that often create unwanted feedback.
Breedlove gets high marks for using sustainable woods (no clearcut—only salvaged or individually harvested trees) from responsible suppliers.
• Top: Solid Myrtlewood
• Body: Layered Myrtlewood, African Mahogany back & sides
• Body Finish: Sweetgrass
• Neck: African Mahogany
• Neck Finish: Satin
• Binding: Tortoiseshell top, back, fretboard, rosette
• Fingerboard: Ovangkol, 20 frets
• Inlays: Off-center brass dots
• Nut : 1.69” Tusq
• Scale: 25.3”
• Electronics: Fishman Presys w/ built-in tuner
• Controls: Volume, Contour, Phase
• Bridge: Ovangkol
• Pickguard: None
• Hardware: Copper
• Tuners: Sealed die-cast, black pegs