Eastman SB59/TV Redburst
In a world of Dirty Lemons, Iced Teas and other faded reissues, Eastman brings back the original red-rimmed beauty of those first glorious bursts, in their new *Truetone Vintage gloss finish.
Based on another iconic '59, the SB59/TV features a solid flame maple top over a 1-piece mahogany body. The instrument features Eastman's thin, hand-applied vintage redburst finish for superior tone, and appearance. The neck is solid mahogany with an ebony fretboard and pearl crown inlays—very playable, but with a comfortable heft.
A pair of Lollar Custom Aged Imperial Humbucking pickups gives the SB59/TV all the attack, sustain and focused midrange you expect from a maple/mahogany classic. And aged nickel Goth hardware matches the guitar's well-travelled appearance with dependable, modern functionality.
We're big fans of the original American favorite, but for the money, these SB59 models from Eastman are awfully hard to beat. A hardshell case is included.
*These new Truetone Vintage Gloss finishes are a lot like Eastman's varnish finish—minus the relic treatment. Very thin gloss—almost matte like—but very nice looking. It's just not as glossy as their standard SB59 models.
• Body Top: Solid Flame Maple
• Body Back/Sides: 1 Piece Mahogany
• Binding: Ivoroid, Body (front) and neck
• Finish: Vintage Reburst Truetone Gloss
• Neck Material: One Piece Mahogany
• Fingerboard: Ebony w/ pearl crown inlays; 12" radius
• Nut: Bone. 1 11/16"
• Scale Length: 24 3/4"
• Pickups: 2 × Lollar Custom Aged/Wound Imperial Humbuckers
• Top Coat Finish: Antique Varnish
• Tuners: Gotoh SD90
• Bridge: Gotoh GE-103B-NI Tune-o-matic-style
• Case: Hardshell Included