It looks like a Jaguar, but it has a few surprises under the hood. British guitarist/writer/pop-influencer Johnny Marr added several features to his Jaguar to make it even more awesome, and better suited to his contemporary style and demands—and probably to yours, too.
This Johnny Marr Jaguar features a very limited "Fever Dream Yellow" nitro finish. The maple neck is shaped to Johnny’s own specs, with a 24" scale and 7.25" radius, giving it a worn in, well-played feel. The two custom-wound Bare-Knuckle single coil pickups have their own distinctive voice, and more punch than the standard issue.
The electronic circuit has been modified, too. The traditional slide switches have been swapped for a 4-position blade switch, and the classic Jaguar "Lead/rhythm" dual-circuit has been replaced with a pair of bright switches: universal bright and pickup-switch position four bright.
The bridge features nylon bridge-post inserts for improved stability and an additional nylon sleeve insert on the tremolo arm to keep it from swinging loose. All in all, one very cool guitar.
- BODY: Alder
- FINISH: Fever Dream Yellow Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- NECK: Maple, custom Johnny Marr '65 Jag profile, Vintage tint
- FINGERBOARD: Rosewood, 22 frets, 7.25" radius
- NUT: Synthetic Bone, 1.650" wide
- SCALE LENGTH: 24”
- PICKUPS: 2 x Custom-Wound Bare-Knuckle Johnny Marr Single-Coil Jaguar
- CONTROLS: Master Volume/Master Tone
- SWITCHING: 4-position blade Switch, 2 slide switches (universal bright, bright switch blade position 4)
- BRIDGE: 6-Saddle Mustang bridge w/ nylon inserts, “Floating” Tremolo Tailpiece
- HARDWARE: Nickel/Chrome
- TUNERS: 6-in-line American Vintage-Style
- PICKGUARD: 3-Ply Mint
- KNOBS: Black Plastic
- WEIGHT: 9lbs
- CASE: Hardshell