Gibson SG Standard 61 Faded Maestro Vibrola Vintage Cherry
In 1961, the Les Paul model was put on hiatus and an all new design evolved into what is today known as the SG or “solid guitar”.While Les, himself, hated the new double-cutaway style (he made Gibson take his name off the guitar), it became a hit. The SG Standard ‘61 faded brings back the classic design that made it one of Gibson's most popular and enduring guitars.
The SG '61 Faded has a Maestro Vibrola that offers smooth vibrato effects and classic styling of the Lyre engraving on the tailpiece cover. Standard features include a SlimTaper mahogany neck and a bound rosewood fingerboard. The mahogany body features a faded vintage cherry satin nitro finish, a 5-ply teardrop pickguard, and a 22nd-fret neck joint. The nickel-plated hardware includes an ABR-1 Tune-O-Matic bridge and Keystone tuners. The pickups are open-coil 60s Burstbucker humbuckers for a classic voice with added power and top end. A hardshell case is included.
- Body Mahogany
- Finish Vintage Cherry satin nitrocellulose
- Neck Mahogany, SlimTaper profile
- Fingerboard Rosewood; 12” radius; 22 medium-jumbo frets
- Scale 24.75”
- Nut Graph Tech, 1.695”
- Pickups 2 x 60s Open-Coil Burstbuckers
- Controls 2 x Volume, 2 x Tone, 3-position toggle
- Pickguard 5-ply black
- Bridge ABR-1 Tune-O-Matic, Aluminum stop tailpiece
- Tuners Vintage Deluxe w/ Keystone Buttons
- Hardware Nickel/Chrome
- Case Hardshell