Our Gibson dealer agreement allows us to post inventory online, but not to to sell Gibson guitars through our website.
Please call or email, or visit our store to purchase this instrument or any of the other Gibson guitars shown here.
615-297-9559 • firstname.lastname@example.org
SG Standard ‘61 - Vintage Cherry
True to the original ’61 SG model (the one that caused Les Paul to pull his name off the headstock!), this was the all new design that evolved into what became known as the SG or “solid guitar”. It might not have been a Les Paul, but it quickly gained its own identity and popularity with a new generation of Gibson fans.
The Gibson SG Standard '61 retains the styling of the original, featuring a slim taper mahogany neck and a bound rosewood fingerboard. The mahogany body features deeply sculpted body scarfing, a 5-ply teardrop pickguard and a 22nd-fret neck joint. The nickel plated hardware includes a classic-style Tune-O-Matic bridge and deluxe tuners with keystone buttons. The pickups are 61R and 61T humbuckers for a vintage voice with added power and top end. A Hardshell case is included.
- Body Solid Mahogany
- Finish Vintage Cherry Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Neck Solid mahogany, SlimTaper
- Fingerboard Rosewood, 22 frets, cream binding
- Inlays Acrylic Trapezoids
- Scale/Radius 24.75” scale, 12” radius
- Nut 1.69” Graph Tech
- Pickups Neck: Burstbucker 61R/ Bridge: Burstbucker 61T
- Controls 2 x Volume, 2 x Tone, 3-way toggle
- Knobs Black Top Hats w/ silver reflectors
- Hardware Nickel
- Bridge/Tail ABR-1 Tune-o-matic / Aluminum Stopbar
- Tuners Vintage Deluxe w/ Keystone tuners
- Pickguard 5-ply black
- Case Gibson Softshell included