Gretsch G6120EC Eddie Cochran Signature - Western Maple Stain
The Gretsch G6120EC commemorates Eddie Cochran's short but hugely influential career as a pioneer of early rock ’n’ roll. The G6120 combines classic Gretsch features and playability—with Eddie's modifications—for a guitar that captures the look, feel and sound of the rockabilly original.
The G6120EC starts with 3-ply open maple body, with arched top and back, parallel bracing, and large double bound "F" holes, for classic hollow-body resonance. Eddie’s distinctive tone comes from the unique combination of pickups. The bridge pickup is a DynaSonic single-coil (a Gretsch standard since the 1940s) with its big, glassy, wide-frequency response. In the neck position, a Lindy Fralin Dog Ear P-90 offers rich, powerful midrange with the bite you can only get from a single-coil.
Other classic 6120 features include the Western Maple stain finish with “G” brand, bound rosewood fingerboard with western-themed pearloid inlays (you’ve gotta love the old cactus, steer-head and fence-post inlays), clear plexiglass pickguard and gold Bigsby B6GBVF tremolo tailpiece. Hardshell case included. Slapback echo highly recommended.
- Body 3-Ply Maple Top, Sides and Back
- Finish Western Maple Stain Gloss Urethane
- Neck 2-Piece Maple, Medium "C" Profile
- Scale Length 24.6"
- Fingerboard Rosewood, bound / 12” radius
- Inlay Western-Themed Pearloid
- Frets 22
- Nut Width 1.6875"
- Tailpiece/Bridge Gold Bigsby B6GBVF Vibrato Compensated Aluminum Bridge
- Tuners Grover V98G Sta-Tite Open-Back Tuners
- Pickups Gretsch DyneSonic and Lindy Fralin Dog Ear P90
- Controls 2 x Volume, 1 x Master Volume, 1x Master Tone, 3-way Pickup Selector
- Pickguard Clear plexi with Gretsch Logo
- Case Deluxe Hardshell