Gretsch G6120T-55 Vintage Select Edition '55 Chet Atkins - Vintage Orange Stain Lacquer
To most guitarists here in Nashville, Chet Atkins was (and probably always will be) the King Daddy of pickers. A superlative musician, successful producer and label executive, he was—first and foremost—an amazing, innovative guitarist. The G6120T-’55 Select Edition pays homage to one of Chet’s earliest signature Gretsch models.
The unmistakable Western Orange stain sets off the laminated maple top, along with the “G” brand, Chet Atkins signature pickguard and western-inspired fingerboard inlays. But the resonant, full-range tone comes from the 2.75” hollow body, while a pair of TV Jones T-Armond single-coil pickups give it a balance of warmth and clarity.
While this classic version of the legendary 6120 won’t make you play like Chet, it might get you a little closer (and sure make you look better while you work on it). Hardshell case included.
- Body Hollowbody (2.75”), Laminated Maple Top, Sides and Back
- Bracing Parallel tone bars
- Finish Western Orange Stain Gloss nitrocellulose lacquer
- Neck 2-Piece Maple, Standard “U” Profile
- Scale Length 24.6"
- Fingerboard Rosewood, bound / 12” radius
- Inlay Western-Themed Pearloid
- Frets 22
- Nut 1.6875" polished aluminum
- Hardware Gold
- Tailpiece/Bridge Gold Bigsby B6GBVF Vibrato, pinned compensated aluminum bridge
- Tuners Grover V98 Sta-Tite Open-Back Tuners
- Pickups 2 x TV Jones T-Armond single-coils
- Controls 2 x pickup Volume, 1 x Master Volume, 1x Master Tone, 3-way Pickup Selector
- Knobs G-Arrow
- Pickguard Gold plexi with Gretsch Logo, Chet Atkins signpost
- Case Deluxe Hardshell
Why We Like Gretsch Guitars
When you think of Gretsch, it’s hard not to think of Mr. Guitar himself—Chet Atkins. Whether you associate the Gretsch brand with the country gentleman’s impeccable style, rockabilly’s swagger, the Beatles’ early records or music’s newest hitmakers, no guitar offers more distinctive looks and tone than a classic Gretsch.