Gretsch G6136T-59 White Falcon
The Gretsch White Falcon has always been one of the Holy Grails for guitar players and collectors. Its gleaming white finish (or in this case, vintage white) and gold sparkle trim earn a lot of attention any time you see one.
The 6136T-59 features a vintage white nitrocelulose lacquer finish, with gold sparkle binding on the front, back, fretboard and oversized F-holes. All hardware is gold: the 2 Filter'Tron hum-cancelling pickups, the Grover Imperial tuners, the gleaming Bigsby G6B vibrato, and "G' knobs with 'ruby' position indicators. There's also a gold pickguard with the etched falcon in flight. The ebony fingerboard with pearl "thumbprint" inlays is also bound in gold sparkle.
This is a lot of guitar, with its full-size, 17" wide x 2.75" deep body. And naturally, its top-of-the-line appointments put it within reach of only a few players. But we agree with those who place the White Falcon near the top of their 'Dream Guitar' list.
- Body: Laminated maple top, sides and back
- Finish: Vintage White Lacquer w/ Gold Sparkle Binding
- Neck: Three-piece Maple
- Scale Length: 25.5
- Fingerboard: Ebony, bound / 12” radius
- Inlay: Neo-classic “Thumbnails”
- Frets: 22
- Nut Width: 1.6875
- Bridge/Tailpiece: Gold Bigsby B6G Vibrato w/ Gretsch Logo / Rocking bar
- Tuners: Gold Grover Imperial
- Body depth: 2.75"
- Body width: 17" (lower bout)
- Headstock: V-shaped with horizontal Gretsch logo; gold sparkle truss rod cover
- Pickups: Two gold-plated High Sensitive Filter’Tron hum-cancelling
- Case Deluxe Hardshell
- Controls: Master Volume
Individual Volume for each pickup 3-position pickup selector
3-position Master Tone Switch
(1. Medium Level, High Frequency Roll Off)
(2. Switch Out of Circuit, Pickup Wide Open)
(3. Slight Level, High Frequency Roll Off)
Why We Like Gretsch Guitars
When you think of Gretsch, it’s hard not to think of Mr. Guitar himself—Chet Atkins. Whether you associate the Gretsch brand with the country gentleman’s impeccable style, rockabilly’s swagger, the Beatles’ early records or music’s newest hitmakers, Gretsch guitars have a unique look, tone and vibe—in other words, there’s stillnothing more eye-catching than a timeless Gretsch.