Gretsch G6196T-59 Vintage Select Edition ‘59 Country Club Hollow Body with Bigsby - Cadillac Green
Honoring one of the first "custom color" guitars created by Gretsch, the G6196T-59 Vintage Select Edition Country Club is a rich sounding hollow body. Its 17" laminated maple body offers a huge, sonorous voice and the Cadillac Green gloss finish looks elegant — the ideal match for any player who wants to stand out in the crowd (or on the stage in this instance).
Designed for the traditionalist, this guitar features the classic appointments longtime Gretsch fans desire. It starts with a pair of highly dynamic TV Jones Classic Filter'Trons — very responsive to your picking hand, and perfect for everything from sensitive ballads and smooth jazz, to raucous rock, classic rockabilly and everything in between. The '59 Country Club features traditional Gretsch controls: individual pickup volume controls, master volume and a 3-way tone switch allow you to blend the pickups with countless tonal variations. The "U" shaped maple neck is very comfortable, with a 12"-radius ebony fingerboard with 22 medium jumbo frets for easy playing. 1959-style trestle bracing connects the top and back of this guitar for warm, balanced tone while minimizing feedback.
Other classic features include gold G-arrow control knobs, aged white binding with black purfling, mother-of-pearl thumbnail inlays, gold vintage thick plexi pickguard with Gretsch logo, gold Grover Imperial tuners and a gold Bigsby B6GVT vibrato tailpiece. This is a fine, resurrected "blast from the past" with refined style and sound. The G6196T-59 Country Club is sure to satisfy any fan of the great Gretsch sound.
- Body: Laminated Maple
- Finish: Cadillac Green Gloss Lacquer
- Neck: Maple, Standard "U" Shape
- Fingerboard: Ebony
- Inlays: Pearloid Neo-Classic Thumbnails
- Frets: 22, Medium Jumbo
- Nut: Bone
- Nut Width: 1.6875"
- Radius: 12"
- Scale Length: 25.5"
- Binding: Aged White with Black Purfling
- Bracing: 1959-Style Trestle
- Pickups: 2x TV Jones Filter'Tron Classic
- Controls: Volume 1 (Neck), Volume 2 (Bridge), Master Volume, 3-Position Pickup Selector, 3-Position Tone Switch
- Bridge/Tailpiece : Space Control, Bigsby B6G Vibrato with Gretsch Logo
- Pickguard: Gold Plexi with Gretsch Logo
- Knobs: G-Arrow
- Tuning Machines: Grover Imperial Die-Cast
- Hardware: Gold
- Case: Hardshell Case Included