The Electro-Harmonix Pitch Fork pitch change pedal transposes an instrument’s pitch over a three octave range (+/-)and features three modes—allowing the pitch to be transposed up, down or both, simultaneously. Create 12-string sounds, an octave-up 8-string bass, suboctaves or anything in between.
A blend control lets you adjust the wet/dry signal mix. A 3-position toggle switch controls whether the pitch is transposed up, down or both. The pitch shift amount can be set to a fixed interval or continuously varied by an expression pedal or control voltage. And Dual mode produces 2 pitch-shifted tones.
The controls are straightforward and intuitive. An 11-position Shift switch selects the maximum transposition interval ranging from D (Detune), through Minor 2nd, Major 2nd, Major 3rd, Perfect 4th, Perfect 5th, Major 6th, Minor 7th, 1 Octave, 2 Octaves and 3 Octaves. (Whew!)
We really like the fast tracking and smart pitch transposition. You will, too.
- Transposes over a +/- three octave range
- Three shift modes: up, down or dual
- 11-position Shift knob selects the transposition interval
- EXP input lets you control pitch shift or glissando via optional expression pedal
- Latch and Momentary modes affect how the footswitch and EXP input behave
- Comes with EHX 9.6DC-200mA AC Adapter, can also run off a 9V battery
NOTE: Because tone is so subjective, we limit our printed descriptions of pedals. Descriptions here are largely edited from manufacturers’ sites. Your ears and your budget are the best guide. We recommend everything we carry and encourage you to come take ‘em for a spin.