The American Vintage II series are built to be the most period accurate reissues Fender has offered (excluding Custom Shop, of course). Designed for players with a fine appreciation for vintage Fenders and built with unmatched quality — these are Fender electrics at their best.
Featuring an Alder body with a nitro 3-tone burst finish, a trio of Pure Vintage 1961 pickups and a medium "C" maple neck mated with a period-correct 7.25" radius slab rosewood fingerboard with clay dot inlays — the American Vintage II 1961 Strat reproduces the quintessential tone and feel of the original predecessor. Other vintage-accurate appointments include a synchronized tremolo with cold rolled steel block and bent steel saddles, single-line "Fender Deluxe" tuners and 3-ply pickguard.
During the late '50s and early '60s, the popularity of Fender Musical Instruments flourished, and although the Fender assortment had expanded to include many great new instruments, the Stratocaster reigned supreme — this guitar is a perfect example of why that is. A hardshell case is included.
- Body: Alder
- Finish: Olympic White Nitro Lacquer
- Neck: Maple, Gloss Nitro Lacquer, 1961 "C" Shape
- Fingerboard: Slab Rosewood
- Inlays: Clay Dots
- Radius: 7.25"
- Frets: 21
- Nut: Bone, 1.650"
- Scale Length: 25.5"
- Pickups: 3x Pure Vintage 1961 Strat Single-Coil
- Controls: Master Volume, Tone 1 (Neck, Middle), Tone 2 (Bridge), 5-Position Blade Switch
- Bridge: Pure Vintage Synchronized Tremolo with Bent Steel Saddles; Includes Chrome Bridge Cover
- Hardware: Nickel/Chrome
- Tuners: Pure Vintage "Fender Deluxe"
- Case: Hardshell Included