We don’t tell Fender how to do their business, but several people have played this one and said (we paraphrase), “If Fender made basses like this again, they could be a great little company.” We agree! The American Vintage II series are built to be the most period accurate reissues Fender has offered (excluding Custom Shop, of course). Designed for players with an appreciation for vintage Fenders and built with a respect for the classics.
Featuring an Alder body with a 3-color burst finish, a pair of Pure Vintage 1966 single-coil pickups and a vintage '66 "U"-shaped maple neck mated with a 7.25" radius bound round-rosewood fingerboard with white pearloid inlays — the American Vintage II 1966 Jazz bass reproduces the quintessential tone and feel of the original predecessor. Other vintage-accurate appointments include a Pure-Vintage 4-saddle with threaded steel saddles with chrome bridge cover and "lollipop" tuning machines.
During the late '50s and early '60s, the popularity of Fender Musical Instruments flourished, and by 1966 the Jazz bass evolved to new heights and included striking new features — this bass is a perfect example. A hardshell case is included.
- Body: Alder
- Finish: 3-Color Sunburst Nitro Lacquer
- Neck: Maple, Gloss Nitro Lacquer, 1966 "U" Shape
- Fingerboard: Bound Round-Rosewood
- Inlays: White Pearloid Dots
- Radius: 7.25"
- Frets: 20
- Nut: Bone, 1.5"
- Scale Length: 34"
- Pickups: 2x Pure Vintage 1966 Single-Coil
- Controls: Volume 1 (Middle Pickup), Volume 2 (Bridge Pickup), Master Tone
- Bridge: Pure Vintage 4-Saddle with Threaded Steel Saddles; Includes Chrome Bridge Cover
- Hardware: Nickel/Chrome
- Tuners: Pure Vintage "Lollipop"
- Case: Hardshell Included