Six-string basses have been around since the ’60s, and none contributed to more hit records than Fender’s Bass VI. Designed for use by guitar players, the short-scale Bass VI played twangy leads, snarling bass overdubs, and tons of “tick-tack” bass parts (staccato electric bass playing in unison with an upright acoustic).
The Vintera II '60s Bass VI features an alder body and a maple neck for classic Fender tone that's full of punch and clarity. The mid-'60s "C"-shape neck lends a comfortably familiar grip that feels just right in your hand, while the 7.25" radius fingerboard with vintage-tall frets provide vintage comfort with ample room for big bends and expressive vibrato. Under the hood, you'll find a trio of vintage-style early-'60s single-coil pickups that deliver all the sweet and sparkling, warm and woody tone that made Fender famous. The vintage-style floating tremolo lets you dive and wail with abandon, while vintage-style tuning machines provide classic looks with a finer gear ratio and enhanced tuning stability to complete the package.
These days we hear players using these as “ultimate baritones,” for growling rock tones, definitive western signatures, or completely new sounds. And at this price, you can afford to add an experimental instrument to your arsenal. We love ‘em.
- Alder body w/ Lake Placid Blue gloss polyurethane finish
- Short scale (30”), C-shape maple neck w/ tinted gloss finish
- Slab Rosewood fingerboard with white dot inlays
- 21 frets
- 7.25” neck radius
- 1.650 synthetic bone nut
- 3 x Vintage-Style Bass VI Single-Coil
- Master volume, master tone and 4-way switching
- 3 x on/off slide switch (1 per pickup)
- 1 x bass cut slide switch
- Vintage-style floating tremolo
- 6-saddle adjustable bridge
- 3-ply parchment pickguard