Gibson Hummingbird - Vintage Sunburst
When Gibson produced their first square-shouldered flat-top in the early 1960s (to compete with Martin’s popular-but-plain dreadnoughts), they took a decidedly flashier approach. The result was the Hummingbird, with big sound and stageworthy looks—perfect for a new generation of rockers and rhinestone-country artists.
Through various iterations, the distinctive Hummingbird has been in production ever since. The Hummingbird Standard features a spruce top with vintage sunburst nitrocellulose lacquer finish, and mahogany sides and back for a beefy, balanced tone.
Additional features include a mahogany neck and rosewood fingerboard with split-parallelogram inlays, etched pickguard, Grover Rotomatic tuners and LR Baggs VTC electronics. A hardshell case is included.
- Body Style Dreadnought
- Top Sitka Spruce
- Body Mahogany
- Finish Vintage sunburst, nitrocellulose lacquer
- Bracing Hand-scalloped X
- Body Binding Multiply top/back
- Neck Mahogany
- Fingerboard Rosewood; ivoroid binding
- Radius 12”
- Inlays Mother-of-pearl split parallelogram
- Scale 24.75”
- Nut Tusq, 1.73”
- Headstock Black, Mother-of-pearl “Gibson” inlay, “pineapple” inlay
- Rosette Multi-ply
- Pickguard Shell w/ hummingbird etching
- Bridge Rosewood (belly up), Tusq saddle
- Electronics LR Baggs, VTC (Volume/Tone Controls)
- Tuners Grover Rotomatic
- Hardware Nickel
- Case Hardshell
Our Gibson dealer agreement allows us to post inventory online but doesn't allow us to sell Gibson guitars through our website (sorry, we don’t make Gibson’s rules).
Please call or email, or visit our store to purchase this instrument or any of the other Gibson guitars shown here.
615-297-9559 • email@example.com