Hummingbird Vintage - Heritage Cherry Sunburst TV
When Gibson produced their first square-shouldered flat-top in 1960 (to compete with Martin’s popular-but-plain dreadnoughts), they took a decidedly flashier approach. The result was the Hummingbird, with big sound and stageworthy looks—perfect for a new generation of rockers and rhinestone-country artists.
The Hummingbird Vintage offers the look, feel and sound of one of those original early-’60s beauties. It features a thermally-aged sitka spruce top with heritage cherry-sunburst nitrocellulose finish—thin and hand-rubbed for an ultra-light, breathable look and feel. Mahogany sides and back offer a warm, balanced tone.
Additional features include a mahogany neck and rosewood fingerboard with split-parallelogram inlays, etched Hummingbird pickguard, bone nut and saddle, and Gotoh Relic tuners. A hardshell case is included.
- Body Style Square-Shouldered Dreadnought
- Top Thermally-aged Sitka Spruce
- Body Mahogany
- Finish Heritage Cherry Sunburst, thin nitrocellulose lacquer
- Bracing Hand-scalloped X
- Body Binding Multi-ply top/back
- Neck Mahogany
- Fingerboard Rosewood w/ ivoroid binding
- Radius 12”
- Inlays Mother-of-pearl Parallelograms
- Scale 24.75”
- Nut Bone, 1.725”
- Headstock Black, “Pineapple” inlay and logo
- Rosette Multi-ply w/ abalone ring
- Pickguard Shell w/ Hummingbird inlays
- Bridge Rosewood belly up, bone saddle
- Electronics NA
- Tuners Gotoh Relic
- Hardware Aged Gold
- Case Hardshell
Our Gibson dealer agreement allows us to post inventory online, but not to to sell Gibson guitars through our website (sorry, we don’t make Gibson’s rules).
Please call or email, or visit our store to purchase this instrument or any of the other Gibson guitars shown here.
615-297-9559 • email@example.com