Gibson J-185 Vintage - Vintage Sunburst
It’s easy to think of the J-185 as the SJ-200’s boring little brother; but in fact, ever since its 1951 introduction, the J-185 has established a legion of fans who appreciate its more-manageable size and focused, signature sound.
At 16” across, the J-185 is an inch smaller than the massive SJ. It features a thermally aged Sitka spruce top with maple sides and back—similar construction for a similar sound—but with less rumble. The neck is mahogany with a rosewood fingerboard and split parallelogram inlays. A vintage sunburst nitrocellulose finish and Gotoh Relic tuners create an authentic vintage appearance.
Additional features include: multi-ply binding and rosette; rosewood fingerboard and belly bridge with Maltese cross inlays; mother-of-pearl “pineapple” and logo inlay in headstock. A hardshell case is included.
- Body Style Jumbo (1" smaller than SJ models)
- Top Torrefied Sitka Spruce
- Body Flame Maple
- Finish Vintage sunburst, nitrocellulose lacquer
- Bracing Hand-scalloped X
- Body Binding Multi-ply top/back
- Neck Mahogany
- Fingerboard Rosewood ; ivoroid binding
- Radius 12”
- Inlays Mother-of-pearl parellogram
- Scale 24.75”
- Nut Bone, 1.725”
- Headstock Black, Mother-of-pearl “Gibson” logo, “pineapple inlay
- Rosette Multi-ply
- Pickguard Shell
- Bridge Rosewood belly, bone saddle, Iron cross inlays
- Electronics N/A
- Tuners Gotoh Relic (Kluson-style)
- Hardware Gold
- Case Hardshell
Our Gibson dealer agreement allows us to post inventory online, but not to to sell Gibson guitars through our website (sorry, we don’t make Gibson’s rules).
Please call or email, or visit our store to purchase this instrument or any of the other Gibson guitars shown here.
615-297-9559 • firstname.lastname@example.org