Gibson 1958 Les Paul Standard Murphy Lab Ultra Light Aged Washed Cherry Sunburst
The Gibson Custom Shop goes all out on this 1958 Les Paul Reissue — capturing all of the iconic features that you would see on the originals, including all solid woods, vintage-accurate finish, narrow/tall frets, chunky "C" 50's neck profile, and hot hide glue construction. The Murphy Lab Ultra Light Aged finish treatment, paired with lightly aged hardware, simulates decades of light play wear, giving it the unique character, vibe, and feel of an original.
This 1958 Les Paul Standard Reissue sports a pair of Gibson’s Custombucker humbuckers — which is arguably one of the most historically-accurate PAF copies ever. The Custombuckers are pretty straight forward as far as tone goes. Soaring leads and gritty rhythms, always ballsy like a Gibson should be. You also get more vintage-accurate appointments with CTS potentiometers and bumblebee capacitors — every part of its internal signal path was designed to give you absolutely dead-on 1958 Les Paul tone.
Bottom line: This seemingly well-traveled beauty delivers all the goods. It offers tonal versatility, easy playability and classic appearance—plus the opportunity to own a true collectable. Original hardshell case included.
- Top 2-piece Maple, Hide Glue fit
- Body Solid Mahogany
- Finish Murphy Ultra Light Aged Washed Cherry Nitrocellulose
- Binding Aged Single ply cream
- Neck Solid mahogany, Chunky "C" Profile
- Fingerboard Indian Rosewood, 22 frets
- Inlays Aged Cellulose Nitrate Trapezoids
- Scale/Radius 24.75” scale, 12” radius
- Nut 1.687” Nylon
- Pickups 2x Custombuckers
- Controls 2 x Volume, 2 x Tone, 3-way toggle
- Knobs Amber Top Hats
- Hardware Aged Nickel
- Bridge/Tail ABR-1 Tune-o-matic
- Tuners Kluson Single Line
- Pickguard Cream
- Case Gibson Hardshell included