Gretsch Electromatic 5420T - Walnut Stain
Gretsch’s popular Electromatic 5420T is a top seller, and the classic Walnut Stain finish adds extra sophistication. Favorite Gretsch features—including 5-ply maple hollow-body construction, FT-5E Filter’tron pickups and standard Bigsby tailpiece—make the 5420T an incredible bargain with tons of traditional Gretsch vibe.
The hollow body is braced for high-volume performance without excessive feedback. The maple neck features a laurel fretboard with Gretsch’s popular “thumbnail” inlays. Multi-ply aged binding on the body, fretboard and f-holes help the G5420 stand out onstage. And a Treble Bleed circuit on the Master Volume control keeps your tone intact when you cut back the volume.
For the money, we’d be hard-pressed to come up with a better-looking, better-performing tradional-style Gretsch than the Electromatic 5420T.
- 5-ply maple body
- Maple neck w/ laurel fingerboard
- FT-5E Filter’Tron pickups
- Bigsby tailpiece and secured, Adjusto-Matic bridge
- Classic appointments: G-Arrow knobs, thumbscrew strap buttons, chrome tip switch
- Smaller, 1950s-style bound headstock
- Nu-Bone nut for increased tuning stability
- Late-‘50s style “Neo-Classic” thumbnail inlays
- Aged binding with multi-ply purfling
- Bound, oversized F-Holes
- Treble Bleed Circuit added to the Master Volume control
- Made in Korea
- Hardshell case extra
Why We Like Gretsch Electromatic Guitars
The Gretsch Electromatic guitars are very well made, the electronics/pickups are really good and quality control is excellent (we’ve had several players say these are better-made guitars than some of the old NY-made instruments). They offer Gretsch’s classic looks and distinctive tone at a very reasonable price. You can’t find a better, more economical way to get “that great Gretsch sound.”