Gretsch G6122T-59 Vintage Select Edition ‘59 Chet Atkins Country Gentleman
Being a Nashville guitar store, we’ve always felt that if something was good enough for Chet Atkins, it was good by us—and the Gretsch Country Gentleman has always been a fine example. The original 1959 version cemented Chet’s endorsement with Gretsch, making the two nearly synonymous. The handsome 17” walnut-stained maple-laminate full hollow body, multi-ply aged binding, ebony fingerboard with zero-fret, “thumbnail” inlays and gleaming gold metal parts make the full-bodied ’59-style Country Gentleman look as great as it sounds.
The G6122T-59 Vintage Select Edition features two TV Jones humbuckers—a Super’Tron Classic Plus bridge pickup and Super’Tron neck pickup—for warm, full-range tone with outstanding clarity. Controls include a Master Volume, individual bridge pickup volume and Master Tone.
The Country Gentleman is as handsome as it is historic—and a fitting homage to an amazing guitarist and original architect of the Nashville Sound.
• Body: Laminated figured maple top, sides and back
• Finish: Walnut stain gloss urethane
• Binding: Aged white multi-ply
• Neck: Three-piece Maple, “U” profile
• Scale Length: 25.5”
• Fingerboard: Ebony, bound / 12” radius
• Inlay: Neo-classic “Thumbnails”
• Frets: 22
• Nut Width: 1.75”
• Bridge/Tailpiece: Gold Bigsby B6GWST Vibrato w/ Wire arm / Rocking bar bridge
• Tuners: Gold Grover Imperial with “butterbean” buttons
• Pickups: TV Jones Super’Tron Classic Plus (Bridge), TV Jones Super-Tron Classic (Neck)
• Controls: Master Volume, Bridge Pickup Volume, Master Tone, 3-position pickup selector
• Pickguard: Gold Plexi
• Dimensions: 17” wide, 2.25” deep
• Case: Deluxe Hardshell
Why We Like Gretsch Guitars
When you think of Gretsch, it’s hard not to think of Mr. Guitar himself—Chet Atkins.
Whether you associate the Gretsch brand with the country gentleman’s impeccable style, rockabilly’s swagger, the Beatles’ early records or music’s newest hitmakers, no guitar offers more distinctive looks and tone than a classic Gretsch.