At first glance, this LSL Bad Bone 2 resembles another boutique builder's modernized Tele—but we like this one just a little bit better. This Bad Bone 2 features a stunning fiesta red finish over a lightweight alder body that features extra comfortable forearm, tummy, and hand contours and offers all the traditional spank and sparkle you expect from a T-style classic.
‘Pimento’ is a great guitar (LSL gives their guitars names as part of a serial number). It features a thin nitro finish, so the instrument can breathe and age—and this one has a lot of weather checking throughout and a light relic to go with (some dings and things). The quartersawn roasted maple neck is a "Medium C” shape, very comfortable, with aged toner. Pickups are hand-wound by LSL —full of vintage PAF-style humbucker tone with push/pull for vintage Tele tones, too! Very versatile, very cool—this ain't your grandpas Tele!
Every LSL is made by hand—just the way you’d make it, if you could. They work on each guitar until it’s finished. As a matter of fact, company owner Lance Lerman says, “We build them all for ourselves but then we have to sell them.” You can tell.
- Top: Lightweight Alder
- Body: Lightweight Alder
- Finish: Fiesta Red Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Neck: Roasted Quartersawn Maple; Medium "C"
- Fingerboard: Roasted Maple; 21 frets (6105)
- Scale: 25.5”
- Nut Width: 1.65” (9.5” radius) bone
- Pickups: 2 x LSL Saticoy hand-wound Humbuckers
- Controls: Master Volume/ MasterTone; Push/Pull Coil Split; 3-position switch
- Pickguard: 1-ply White "Shorty"
- Hardware: Aged Chrome
- Knobs: Knurled domes
- Bridge: 3-saddle brass, adjustable
- Serial No: 5881
- Case: Deluxe hardshell