LSL Saticoy Custom Vintage White Blonde
This LSL Saticoy Classic Strat-style guitar has the deep, distressed appearance of a ’60s-era road warrior (somebody probably wore out a perfectly good set of keys slapping up this poor guitar)—but the net result is an axe that looks as experienced and soulful as it sounds.
Ana (LSL gives their guitars a name—not just a serial number) has a thin vintage white blonde nitro finish that’s purposely been allowed to crack, so that the instrument breathes. The nitro finished maple neck is a “medium C” shape, very comfortable with a beautiful piece of dark rosewood for the 12”-radius fingerboard.
The pickups are hand-wound LSL single-coils—they sound just like an old Strat should, complete with 5-position switch to get every last wonderful bit of quack. And the plastic and hardware have all been given the vintage treatment.
- Body: Pine
- Finish: Medium aged Vintage White Blonde nitrocellulose lacquer
- Neck: Nitro-finished maple, gloss vintage tint, medium C
- Fingerboard: Rosewod; 21 frets (6105); clay dot inlays
- Scale: 25.5”
- Nut Width: 1.65” bone; 12” radius
- Pickups: 3 x LsL 50’s Saticoy hand-wound low-output
- Controls: Master Volume/ Tone (neck/middle)/Tone (Bridge); 5-position switch
- Knobs: Aged parchment
- Pickguard: 3-ply mint
- Bridge: Wilkinson Steel block, vintage 6-saddle adjustable
- Tailpiece: Synchronized tremolo
- Hardware: Vintage Chrome
- Case: Original hardshell
- Serial Number 5928
Why We Like LSL Guitars
Every LSL is made by hand—just the way you’d make it, if you could, with lightweight bodies and ultra-playable necks. They work on each guitar until it’s finished. As a matter of fact, company owner Lance Lerman says, “We build them all for ourselves but then we have to sell them.” You can tell.