Danelectro '56 Vintage Baritone Aqua
Nothing twangs—or thunders—like a baritone guitar. And nothing does it better or more affordably than the Danelectro Vintage Baritone.
Lightweight, semi-hollowbody construction—plywood frames with wood laminate tops and backs and "S" holes—makes the Baritone easy to play. And now, build quality is far superior to the older versions, with easy-playing, solid necks, comfortable 29 3/4” scale and excellent action. Combined with a tunable wraparound bridge/tailpiece, these new models are much more dependable than their predecessors.
These Bari’s also feature hotter, higher-impedance ‘lipstick’ pickups than older models, with the same snarl and bite. Tuned from B-B, it’s perfect for tic-tac bass, "lonesome cowboy" tremolo tones, all-out rockabilly twang or earth-shaking metal mayhem—all at an unbelievably low price.
Why We Like It
We’re big fans of the baritone sound, but we also realize it’s not an ‘every-song’ sound. So we like being able to offer a cost-effective instrument for players who want more sonic options in their bag of tricks. Plus, Dano’s are lightweight, retro-cool, and they sound great. Made in Korea and finished in California, the quality control is really good. We give the Dano Baritone a big thumbs-up!
• Body Material: Spruce
• Top Material: Hardboard
• Body Finish: Gloss Polyester
• Color: Aqua
• Neck Material: Maple
• Neck Shape: C
• Radius: 14"
• Fingerboard Material: Pau Ferro
• Nut Width: 1.64"
• Bridge/Tailpiece: Fully Adjustable
• Tuners: Die-cast Chrome
• Neck Pickup: High Output Lipstick Single-coil
• Bridge Pickup: High Output Lipstick Single-coil
• Controls: 1x master volume, 1x master tone, 3-way toggle pickup switch
- Body Single cutaway, Semi-hollow construction
- Body material Plywood sides with masonite top and back
- Finish Solid poly top/back; Tape-finished sides
- Neck Maple neck w/ rosewood fingerboard, 24 frets
- Scale length 29 3/4” scale
- Nut width 1 5/8”
- Pickups 2 x high-impedance Lipstick
- Controls 2 (Master Volume & Tone), 3-position pickup selector
- Bridge/tailpiece Wraparound/tuneomatic-style
- Pickguard Single-ply
- Tuners Kluson-style individual tuners / ‘bottle’-style headstock
- Weight 6.8 lbs.
- Case/Bag —