Eastman E20OOSS/v Antique Sunburst
The E20OO-SS/v isn’t designed to compete with beefy dreadnoughts or jumbos, but this sweetly voiced OO is a head-turner. What it lacks in power, it delivers in clarity, warmth and intimacy. It’s a finger-style player’s dream.
While we typically lean toward acoustics with “whomp,” everything about this little beauty works. The OO-size body, the 14-fret neck, and 24.75” scale make it easy to hold and play. The hand-applied thin, varnish finish not only offers the appearance of a vintage instrument, but it sounds great now and will age beautifully. And it should fit into a recording mix like a champ.
Other features include a satin-finish mahogany neck with ebony fingerboard and pearl diamond inlays, slotted headstock, “firestripe” pickguard, and Waverly-style tuners. Hard-shell case included.
• Body Style OO
• Top Solid Adirondack Spruce
• Body Solid Rosewood
• Finish Antique Sunburst, Ultra-thin Antique Varnish
• Bracing Hand-scalloped X
• Body Binding Multi-ply ivoroid
• Neck Mahogany, Traditional even “C”
• Fingerboard Ebony
• Radius 12”
• Inlays Mother-of-pearl open diamonds
• Scale 24.75”
• Nut Bone 1 3/4”
• Headstock Slotted, pearl logo inlay
• Rosette Single-ply
• Pickguard Firestripe
• Bridge Ebony, bone saddle
• Tuners PingWell, open-gear, Waverly-style buttons
• Hardware Nickel
• Case Hardshell