If you like the Eastman SB59’s traditional style and performance, you’ll appreciate the well-travelled look and feel of the SB59L/v-GB and its distinctive amber antique varnish finish.
Following in the footsteps of the made-in-Kalamazoo classic, the SB59L/v-GB features a solid flame maple top over a 1-piece mahogany body. The neck is solid mahogany with ebony fretboard and pearl crown inlays—comfortable and playable, with soft-V heft. The top and fingerboard are both bound in ivoroid. The instrument features a thin, antique violin-style varnish topcoat that has an experienced, worn patina that isn’t just another “controlled-beating” relic treatment, but an authentic, vintage appearance.
A pair of Lollar Custom Aged/Wound Imperial humbucking pickups gives the SB59L/v-GB plenty of attack, sustain and warmth. Aged nickel Gotoh hardware adds to the road-worn look but delivers dependable, modern functionality. A hardshell case is included. We’re big fans of the American favorite after which these guitars are modeled, but for the money, SB59 models are awfully hard to beat (and without apology, excellent instruments).
- Body Top: Solid Flame Maple
- Body Back/Sides: 1 Piece Mahogany
- Binding: Ivoroid, Body (front) and neck
- Finish: Goldburst Antique Varnish
- Neck Material: One Piece Mahogany
- Fingerboard: Ebony w/ pearl crown inlays; 12” radius
- Nut: Bone, 1 11/16"
- Scale Length: 24 3/4"
- Pickups: 2 x Lollar Custom Aged/Wound Imperial Humbucker
- Top Coat Finish: Nitrocellulose
- Hardware: Aged Nickel
- Bridge: Gotoh Relic Series GE-104B-NI and GE101A-NI tailpiece
- Tuners: Gotoh Relic SD90
- Knobs: Gold Top Hat
- Serial No: 12754964
- Case: Hardshell Case