Gibson Dove Original - Vintage Cherry Sunburst
There simply aren't many more-striking acoustic guitars than the classic Gibson Dove. Since its introduction in the early 1960s, the spruce top and brilliant, cherry-red finish with flame maple sides and back have made the Dove a unique, stage- and studio-worthy performer.
The square-shoulder dreadnought shape offers big, articulate sound. The spruce/maple combination creates quick attack with balanced lows, mids and highs. But as sweet as the Dove sounds, you just can't beat the beautiful appearance of its unique etched pickguard, mother-of-pearl bridge inlays and brilliant, red flame maple body.
Additional features include a 3-piece, flame-maple neck, bound rosewood fingerboard with split-parallelogram inlays, and multi-ply binding. A hardshell case is included.
- Body Style Dreadnought
- Top Sitka Spruce
- Body Maple
- Finish Vintage Cherry Sunburst nitrocellulose lacquer
- Bracing Hand-scalloped X
- Body Binding Multi-ply top/back
- Neck 3-piece maple
- Fingerboard Rosewood; ivoroid binding
- Radius 12”
- Inlays Mother-of-pearl split parallelogram
- Scale 25.5”
- Nut Bone, 1.724”
- Headstock Black, Mother-of-pearl “Gibson” inlay, “pineapple” inlay
- Rosette Multi-ply
- Pickguard Shell w/ dove etching
- Bridge Rosewood (belly up), Tusq saddle, Dove mother-of-pearl inlays
- Electronics LR Baggs, VTC (Volume/Tone Controls)
- Tuners Grover Rotomatic
- Hardware Nickel
- Case Hardshell