Gibson Kirk Hammett "Greeny" Les Paul Standard Greeny Burst
Gibson pays tribute to one of rock’s most well-pedigreed and fiercely played guitars with the “Greeny” Les Paul Standard. The original was first owned by British blues giant Peter Green and used throughout his time with Fleetwood Mac, then sold to Gary Moore, who played it for three decades with Thin Lizzy and as a solo artist. Now owned by Kirk Hammett, "Greeny" has passed through the hands of three world renowned guitarists, and Gibson has recreated this historic guitar in a Standard-edition model for us everyday players to be able to experience the magic of "Greeny".
Along with its unique story, Greeny also offers unique tones. A pair of Greenybuckers are custom-voiced to provide old-school, ballsy Gibson tone while a reverse-mounted and reverse magnet polarity neck pickup helps deliver the distinctive out-of-phase tone that Greeny is known for.
Other features include a 50s profile neck, satin nitro finish, mix-matched volume and tone knobs, and Grover Rotomatic tuners. If you're looking for a guitar with a unique sound along with some classic rock history mojo, then Greeny is the guitar for you. A Hardshell Case is included.
*The guitar in the photos is the guitar you will receive
- Top: AAA Figured Maple
- Body: Mahogany
- Finish: Greeny Burst Satin Nitro
- Binding: Single-Ply Cream, top and fretboard
- Neck: Mahogany, 50s profile
- Fingerboard: Indian rosewood, 22 medium jumbo frets
- Radius: 12"
- Scale Length: 24.75"
- Nut: GraphTech, 1.695"
- Pickups: 2x Greenybuckers, Reverse Polarity Magnets/Reverse Mounted Neck Pickup
- Controls: 2x Volume, 2x Tone, 3-Way Toggle
- Bridge/Tail: ABR-1 T.O.M, Aluminum Stopbar
- Tuning Machines: Grover Rotomatic with contemporary buttons
- Hardware: Nickle
- Weight: 9.4lbs
- Case: Gibson Hardshell included