The Fulltone Catalyst pedal is a clean booster, an overdrive, a distortion and a fuzz.
What does it do best?
- Clean Boost, non-compressed crunch tones (a la Jimmy Page, 70's Jeff Beck)
- Non-compressed distortion/fuzz sounds... accent on NON-compressed.
- Cleans up as you turn down your guitar—without losing your tone
- "Flame" toggle switch setting can generate Fuzz/Distortion
- "Spark" setting creates phenomenal clean-boost, and overdrive
- Max-end-all 2-band EQ: an excellent hi-cut with a great bass control brings in incredible sounding midrange when the pot reaches around 3 o'clock position.
Why We Like Fulltone
Fulltone pedals probably show up on more studio players’ rigs than any other brand. They’re made by hand, using what Michael Fuller feels are the best-sounding components available. He’s a studio musician and tone junkie who won’t sell anything he won’t play. Consequently, his pro-level pedals are all first-rate.
NOTE: Because tone is so subjective, we limit our printed descriptions of pedals. Descriptions here are largely edited from manufacturers’ sites. Your ears and your budget are the best guide. We recommend everything we carry and encourage you to come take ‘em for a spin.