Radial USB Pro Direct Box
The Radial USB-Pro is a high-resolution, stereo direct box designed to convert sound files from a laptop computer and seamlessly transfer them to a pair of balanced audio outputs to feed a PA, recording or broadcast mixing console.
You won’t need special drivers, sound cards or separate converters, since the USB-Pro uses true 24-bit, 96kHz stereo converters and automatically configures itself for use with all popular operating systems (including Mac OSX, Windows XP, Vista and Windows 7).
Connect to your laptop via the USB type-B port. You can monitor digi-to-analog conversion with the built-in headphone amplifier to ensure the signal is being properly downloaded and converted. A mono-sum switch can be used to check for phasing or facilitate signal distribution to two outputs. Simply set the output volume control to suit.
Two 'set & forget' side-access switches, plus a ground lift switch, let you insert isolation transformers into the signal path to eliminate hum or buzz caused by ground loops.
- High-performance 24bit/96k stereo converters
- Designed to handle the rigors of professional use
- Automatically installs without the need of a driver
- Built-in headphone amplifier for monitoring
- Balanced Lo-Z outputs with switchable isolation
- Book-end design protects switches, connectors and controls
- I-beam construction prevents internal PC board torque
- Full-bottom, no-slip pad provides mechanical isolation and electrical insulation
Why we like it:
The Radial USB Pro is the best way to go from your laptop to the PA without the typical inherent noise. Plug straight into the USB port, take two XLRs out, and you’re good to go.
Plus, if it says Radial, we know it’s well engineered and built to last. There’s less-expensive gear out there, but none better. Radial gear performs gig after gig, session after session, and you can expect years of service—which means our customers love them and we don’t see them coming back for repairs. We always like that.