Rivera Venus Deux
The Rivera Venus Deux is a 25-watt Class AB amplifier that leans heavily toward the Southern California clean-combo style. Built to deliver both tone and headroom, the Venus Deux is excellent with pedals - actually, it's built pretty much for pedals.
The Venus Deux's single-channel runs 2 x 6V6s through a single Custom Rivera 12" speaker. The speaker's tone definitely leans toward the Celestion family.
You'll get plenty of sweet blackface spank with great touch-sensitivity and clarity. The 3-band EQ (Bass, Mid and Treble) offers an unusually wide range of tone shaping, and there is also a pull Bright and a pull Notch feature.
The Fat (pull) function on the Focus knob enhances even-order harmonics for a smoother type of edge, while the Notch (pull) on the Middle control enhances its Blackface-style personaity. For pedal-pushers looking for flexibility, headroom, and more than a nod to blackface combo tones, the Venus Deux puts it all together.
- Presence and Reverb controls
- A vintage/modern half-power switch for 25-watt Class A operation
- "Focus" control to adjust the amplifier damping for a looser/tighter sound
- Extension speaker jack and adjustable output impedance from 4-16 ohms
- Heavy-duty footswitch for reverb on/off
Speaker(s): Custom Rivera 12"
Wattage: 25 watts Class A
Power Tubes: 2 x 6L6GC
Preamp Tubes: 5 x 12AX7
Controls: High-gain and Low-gain inputs
- Channel One: Gain1 (pull SELECT), Bass, Middle, Treble, Master (pull BOOST)
- Channel Two: Gain2, Treble (pull Bright), Middle (pull NOTCH), Bass; Reverb, Focus Presence;
Rear Panel: 2 speaker outs; impedance-selector; ground lift
FX Loop: Yes, w/ separate Return Level and Send Level controls
Cabinet: American Maple solid core plywood
Finish: Black faceplate/ Black Tolex/ Vintage blonde grille cloth
Weight: 48.5 lbs.
Dimensions: 20.75” W x 17.5” H x 12” D
Footswitch: 3-button / Channel switching/Gain boost
Cover /Casters: -