Roland TR-09 Rhythm Composer
The Roland TR-09 puts all the outstanding sounds and features of the original TR-909 into a compact unit with modern convenience, compatibility and reliability. It keeps the classic TR-REC style of programming, with a choice of Step or Tap write modes. The sequencer has 16 steps, each with 16 sub-steps so you can fine-tune your performances.
You can even change modes while a pattern continues playing. And just like the original TR-909, the Shuffle/Flam parameter can be selected using the buttons—but if you need greater control, simply use the display and rotary encoder to perfect your pattern.
The main stereo mini-jack output can be reconfigured to send a selected instrument to the right channel, with the other instruments output to the left. A mix input routes external audio through the main outputs, while the trigger out lets the TR-09 drive vintage analog synths. You can sync and control other gear via standard MIDI ports or USB, and even send the audio of 4 individual drum parts via USB to your favorite DAW. When you need to hit the road, the TR-09 can run on battery power so you can program anywhere.
- Compact recreation of the Roland TR-909 drum machine
- Retains the sound, character, and user interface of the original TR-909
- Hands-on control over tune, level, decay, etc.
- Programmable via classic Step and Tap write modes
- Plays beats even while switching between write and play modes
- 4 separate outputs via USB audio
- Trigger output for controlling external instruments equipped with trigger input
- Tough construction with metal front panel
- Highly portable
- Battery-operated (4 x AA - NiMH or Alkaline) or USB powered
- Built-in powered mini-speaker
- 12 1/8”W x 5 1/8”H x 2 1/16” H
- 2 lbs., 3 oz.
- Compatible with optional K-25m Keyboard Unit