Sadowsky MetroLine basses are now made in Germany, thanks to a recent licensing agreement with Warwick/Framus-and they're impressive. They're the answer for bassists who want Sadowsky sound, feel and precision-without the long wait typically associated with Roger Sadowsky's outstanding custom-made NYC instruments. MetroLines basses also save you almost half of the cost of a New York Sadowsky.
This Limited 2022 MetroLine 5-string features a snakewood top over a lightweight torrified swamp ash body(7.9lbs). Only 150 of these limited models are available worldwide—this is #11.
A passive Sadowsky hum-cancelling J-style neck pickup and passive Sadowsky MM-Style humbucking bridge pickup are routed through the famous Sadowsky preamp. The roasted maple neck features a matte finish and roasted Birdseye maple fingerboard with 21 nickel/silver frets. The feel is arguably perfect. COA, operating manual and Sadowsky soft-shell case included.
Bottomline: Expect the same craftsmanship and quality as a NY Sadowsky at a more affordable price.
• Body Shape: Undersized J (Deep Cutaways)
• Top Wood: Snakwood
• Body Wood: Torrified Swamp Ash
• Neck: Roasted Maple, "C" Shape
• Fretboard: Roasted Birdseye Maple. 21 Nickel/Silver frets
• Radius: 12"
• Scale Length: 34"
• Nut: 1.77", Sadowsky Just-A-Nut Ill
• Pickups: Passive Sadowsky J-Style Neck, Passive Sadowsky MM-Style Humbucker Bridge
• Electronics: Active Sadowsky 2-Way Electronics + Vintage Tone Control
• Controls: Volume / Balance / Vintage Tone Control (P/P) / Treble & Bass (stacked). Push/Pull function for VTC Knob for Preamp Bypass. 3-Way Toggle Switch for humbucker pickup configuration (Series, Parallel, Single-Coil)
• Bridge System: Sadowsky Quick Release
• Machineheads: Sadowsky Light Open Gear
• Strap system: S-Security Locks
• Construction: Bolt-On
• Hardware: Black
• Gig Bag: Deluxe, included
Serial Number: SML L 002248-22 / #11 of 150