Sadowsky MetroLine 24-Fret Modern Bass - Satin Black
Sadowsky MetroLine basses are now made in Germany, thanks to a recent licensing agreement with Warwick/Framus—and they’re impressive. They’re the answer for bassists who want Sadowsky sound, feel and precision—without the long wait typically associated with Roger Sadowsky’s outstanding custom-made NYC instruments. Not cheap, but MetroLines basses save you almost half of the cost of a New York Sadowsky.
This 2023 MetroLine 4-string features a lightweight ash body. Two Sadowsky passive soapbar pickups (modern position) are routed through the famous Sadowsky preamp. The maple neck features a matte finish and maple fingerboard with 24 nickel/silver frets. The feel is arguably perfect.
Bottomline: Expect the same craftsmanship and quality as a NY Sadowsky at a more affordable price.
- Design: Undersized J-style
- Body: Ash
- Body Finish: Black Satin
- Neck: Maple, satin finish, bolt-on
- Radius: 12”
- Fingerboard: Maple, 24 nickel silver frets
- Inlay: Dots
- Scale Length: 34"
- Nut Width: 1.5” Sadowsky Just-a-nut III
- Bridge/Tailpiece: Sadowsky
- Tuners: Sadowsky lightweight
- Pickup: 2 x Passive Sadowsky soapbars, modern position
- Controls: Volume, Balance, Vintage tone control, Treble/Bass (stacked)
- Strap Locks: Sadowsky security locks
- Gig Bag: Sadowsky Portabag included