The Cascade Fat Head II 299GL adds a Lundahl transformer to its already excellent features. The Fat Head delivers a great look with its unique "scoop" radial grill design and a sweet sound with its short ribbon element. The addition of a Lundahl LL-2912 transformer makes it even sweeter.
We're big fans of ribbon mics and the Fat Head II is one of our favories; they add warmth to digital recordings and give a 'roundness' to live sounds. The Lundahl transformer adds more detail—more top end and a more 'open' sound. You can't go wrong either way, but the Lundahl does improve on the basic Fat Head sound.
The Fat Head II is great for acoustic instruments, guitar cabs, vocals, drum overheads. The package includes shock mount, deluxe oil-stained wood box, drawcord cloth storage pouch, microfiber cleaning cloth and aluminum carry case.
Available in black body with gold or silver grill, or brown body with gold grill.
The Fat Head ll with custom Lundahl transformer is also available as a stereo pair, with shock mounts, Blumlien bar and carry case. $699.00
- Type: Ribbon (velocity) Microphone
- Ribbon type: 99% Pure aluminum, 2.5 micron
- Polar pattern: 'Figure 8' Symmetrical design
- Sensitivity: -56 db +/- 2 dB
- Max.SPL (1% THD @1000 Hz): 135 dB
- Connector: 3-Pin male XLR
- Size: Diameter: 3" (O.D. grill), overall length 7 3/4", 1 3/4" (O.D. body)
- Lundahl LL2912 Transformer
- 2.5 Micron Ribbon
- Premium Shock Mount
- Figure 8 Polar Pattern
- High Sensitivity & Detail